Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Book Review - An Uncharted Devotion - By Amanda Taylor - Publication Date: 6 June 2023

 


As always, historical fiction catches my fancy, and this book set in the time frame when England and France, under Napoleon, once again warred with each other and when spies risked doing their thing.  Romance mingled into the mix gave spark to this narrative especially in the form it takes with James and Sarah.

I like the healthy friendships between James and Patrick, and between Sarah and Margot and how despite being ladies of the early 1800's, did their part with aplomb.

I found the author kept the tempo simmering and well paced, pro-actively moving forward, keeping my interest throughout.  It has been a satisfying read and believe others will likely give a thumbs up too.

A 4 Star rating from me.

                                          ~Eunice C.,  Reviewer/Blogger~

                                                           May 2023

Disclaimer:  This is my honest opinion based on the complimentary review copy sent by NetGalley and the publisher.

Read review on Goodreads.

















No comments:

Post a Comment