Sunday, June 4, 2023

Book Review - And the Walls Came Down - By Denise Da Costa - Publication Date: 6 June 2023


 "When the going gets tough, the tough get going," is a saying that I say encapsulates this multicultural narrative.  I'm glad I got to read this book as it helped to open my eyes even if only a hint of what the reality is, of how some people have to live and how they manage to survive setbacks in life with finesse, especially in a tenement housing setting.  Kudos to Delia, Melissa, Mario and Richa!  I loved their characters and interchanges.  

A 4 Star rating from me.

                                          ~Eunice C.,  Reviewer/Blogger~

                                                          June 2023

Disclaimer:  This is my honest opinion based on the complimentary review copy sent by NetGalley and the publisher.

Read review on Goodreads.


















No comments:

Post a Comment