Sunday, April 2, 2023

Book Review - Stay Cool - By Aaron Sachs - Publication Date: 4 April 2023

 


Stay Cool is rather tongue-in-cheek, droll commentary, I feel.  For instance, how does one hitch up the terms, ideas and concepts embodied in the words:  environmentalists, global warming and climate change, with interjected comedy, or as the author prefers to specify, dark or gallows humor?  For the answer author Aaron Sachs brings you, you'll just have to read the book.

In truth, I wasn't so sure what to make of this book as number one, I never seriously thought much about these earth issues and was one reason for wanting to read it to see what all the hoop-lah has been about.  

However, the historical account of the development of humor, especially of the dark variety, kind of sidetracked me.  It is interesting of course, as humor is one of my 'things' as is history.  Eventually, I got how it all tied in with the main topics of environmentalists, and so on.  

The reader will discover that even the title is 'punny,' so if the issues make you hot under the collar, I recommend staying attuned to stay - ing cool, especially with the growing amount of purgatorical reams of rhetoric available in the world on these issues. 

I like that Sachs even has some suggestions on how to embrace, rather than fear, the changes of Earth's climate.  In so doing, a person will no doubt learn to "Stay Cool'.  

                                           ~Eunice C.,  Reviewer/Blogger~

                                                         January 2023

Disclaimer:  This is my honest opinion based on the complimentary review copy sent by NetGalley and the publisher.

Read review on Goodreads.






















No comments:

Post a Comment