Friday, May 3, 2024

Raining Manna (Numbers 11)

 


A poem of sorts...

He gave them manna

but

they wanted meat.

Their complaints, 

wailing and discontent

brought Moses 

to the Tent,

Meeting God 

with His lament.

"What shall I do?!"

"The burden is too heavy to bear

alone."

Then God answered.

"Moses here's my plan,

seventy others

will be

your helping hands."

Remember,

my burden 

is light

No need to fight.

Depend on Me."

Meat came 

in 

abundance.

How the people,

eager,

not thankful,

gathered much.

BUT

consequences of rebellion,

of rejecting 

God's provisions,

had consequences.

Many died

as they ate,

and found graves of craving,

their fate.

Lord, 

make me 

to learn

gratitude,

thankfulness and

dependence

on You.

May my laments

be sincere, 

reverent,

and repentant,

as I take in all you provide

even

the spiritual manna,

souls' sustenance,

from Your hand.

Contentment, 

the key...

when meeting You

daily

in my

Tent

of 

Meeting.

~ERC  April 2024~

Based on Numbers 11.

Sing, Give Thanks With a Grateful Heart, along with Magdalen Shodovaram.


















No comments:

Post a Comment