Sunday, May 26, 2024

Book Review - The House in the Water - By Victoria Darke - Publication Date: 27 May 2024


The blend of some true WWII events and unfolding fiction on an island setting, spooked and spiked with a somewhat nail-biting tale that was mysteriously interconnected, fascinated me, keeping me ever more captivated as I read.  I cannot say that I totally enjoyed it though due to some of the heartbreaking incidents that are angst-producing, keeping the reader on edge and even with a tissue in hand for weep mopping.  The story did keep me coming back for more as the dual time lines and narrations between Ellen of the earlier years and Meredith of the more 'recent' times moved towards each other.  I like the diary idea which helped to bridge the years.  

                                               ~Eunice C.,  Reviewer/Blogger~

                                                              May 2024

Disclaimer:  This is my honest opinion based on the complimentary review copy sent by Net Galley and the publisher.

Read review on GoodreadsGoodreads.
















No comments:

Post a Comment