Saturday, September 2, 2023

Book Review - The Bravest Soldiers - By Elaine Schroller - Publication Date: 3 Setpember 2023


 A wonderful historical fiction narrative of love and service for Australians and the good of humanity during WWII.  I really enjoyed learning more of how the Aussies did their bit for the world, defending their own country but also in the general Pacific region, as well as in littler known areas of  combat and conflict in other parts of the world during that time.  I especially liked the part about the parachutes, and the French lady Marianne's hand in it.  I suspect readers will come to love the Parker family, as did I.  Mercifully, there is a glossary of Aussie terms and slang to aid the readers' understanding.  It is such a great story that I savor it still.  A 5-Star rating from me.

                                          ~Eunice C.,  Reviewer/Blogger~

Disclaimer:  This is my honest opinion based on the complimentary review copy sent by NetGalley and the publisher.

Read review on Goodreads.
















No comments:

Post a Comment