Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Book Review - All My Love, Detrick - By Roberta Kagan - Publication Date: 27 September 2023

 


My heart was rung in so many directions in this not so happily-ever-after work of historical fiction.  It is set in Hitler's Germany as things heat up and progress into WWII.  Mercifully, there is a gleam of goodness and kindness, stark against the awfulness, which weaves tender tendrils of romance throughout the tale as a saving grace.  Jacob, Leah and Detrick bridge the gap of racism with secrets that are too dangerous to expose.  

In this book, I found the author Roberta Kagan to be exemplary in her telling of the tale.  She didn't mince words or stifle outcomes, creating this narrative into greater aura of reality, of how people most likely experienced it.  I could 'feel it' almost as if I had gone through the experience myself.  Therefore, I believe she deserves a 5-Star rating ovation.

One caution is that some readers may not wish to read the many intimate scenes portrayed.        

                                         ~Eunice C.,  Reviewer/Blogger~

                                                        September 2023

Disclaimer:  This is my honest opinion based on the complimentary review copy sent by NetGalley and the publisher.

Read review on Goodreads.




















No comments:

Post a Comment