Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Book Review - Mountain Runaways - by Pam Withers - Publication Date: 22 February 2021


 The word "Runaways" in the title caught my attention on this one.  I wasn't disappointed in the least as I read, either.  I kid you not.  This is such a believable story of adventure and survival in the great Canadian oudoors (based loosely on the Willmore Wilderness Park, Alberta) I had to double check that this is fiction. Was sorry when the narrative ended, and it had me hopefully scrolling down in search of a next chapter.

Even though I'm not much of an outdoors person, especially of the "extreme" variety, following Jon, Korka,and Aron the runaway siblings, recently orphaned by their parents' fatal accident, was an adventure in and of itself.  I felt like I was tagging along right there with them, experiencing all their ranges of emotions, conflicts and situation.  I couldn't help but to cheer them on.

The developing leadership quality Jon exhibited and other lessons each of the children learned in relating to each other and of their own character strengths and weaknesses, and  basically of surviving, using skills, which had been taught by their parents, created an excellently wholesome escapade, which I highly recommend for readers of mostly the teenage category.  However, I believe adults would thoroughly enjoy this especially if they are outdoors people used to pitting their endurance against wilderness conditions.

I vote a definite 5-STARs and thank NetGalley and the publisher for the opportunity to voluntarily review a review copy of this book.

                                           ~Eunice C., Reviewer/Blogger~

Disclaimer:  This is my honest opinion based on the review copy given by NetGalley and the publisher.

Read review on Goodreads.









No comments:

Post a Comment