Monday, January 15, 2024

Book Review - Mission Churchill - By Alex Abella - Publication Date: 15 January 2024

 


Although the author Alex Abella has many published books and acclaim therefrom under his belt, there was something about this book I just couldn't get very hooked into.  I did skim over some parts, I confess, but otherwise read to the end of the book.  Perhaps, it just was not my cup of tea.

Others may find the life of Winston Churchill being in the line of fire of an assassin's gun of interest.  I did learn a thing or two about him though as this is rather a plausable work of historical fiction, given the facts of such atttempts on this volatile man.  Thompson was a handy man to have around too.

On a more positive note, I did find the multicultural input somewhat absorbing, especially since I don't know much about Cuba's history.

Those who do not wish to read about bedroom intimacies should take caution.

                                             ~Eunice C.,  Reviewer/Blogger~

                                                            October 2023

Disclaimer:  This is my honest opinion based on the complimentary review copy given by NetGalley and the publisher.

Read review on Goodreads.





















No comments:

Post a Comment