Thursday, October 26, 2023

Book Review - Different - By David Gelernter - Publication Date: 18 July 2023

 


I'm a person who reads the Bible so all the Jewish aspects described in this book were fascinating to me.  The Jewish angle coupled with a person of color, certainly brought out the ugly racial prejudices and was a way to further this reader's knowledge of what others endure at the hands of evil intentioned people.  That being the case, I really admired Darius, the main character, who was an overcomer.  This book itself was different - in a good sort of way - I really enjoyed reading it and wondered what would happen next as I read along.  

There is a good mix of happily ever after and of not so happily so the author keeps you a bit off-balance and guessing, "What next?"  Besides the crime, I think the martial arts, which were a type I've never heard of before, and fighting scenes would likely appeal more to male readers.  There is multicultural interest for those who care, and  romance bits for ladies, so there is something for everyone.  The only caution I'd say, would be for those who don't like to read about intimate bedroom scenes.  Other than that I'd christen this a strong, fabulous story.  Therefore, I bestow a tempered 4 Star rating.

                                            ~Eunice C.,  Reviewer/Blogger~

                                                            October 2023

Disclaimer:  This is my honest opinion based on the complimentary review copy sent by NetGalley and the publisher.

Read review on Goodreads.






















No comments:

Post a Comment