Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Trusses of Trust - A Poem of Sorts


Bone of my bone,

  Riblet of my rib,

    From my side

  to be

Be-side

  me.

Stay close.

  Be on my side.

    Let me be your

  engineer -

Reading, 

  Studying, 

you

  as if

    a blueprint.

Seeing,

  knowing,

    learning

      all

your angles

   and

    curves...

Let's not live in

parallel lines

  each going their

    separate way

  but

in intersections

  and 

being one in 

  heart,

    soul,

      body.

Learning what makes

  each other

     tick.

Speaking gentle,

  kind

    words.

Establish,

  build,

    CONSTRUCT -

keeping to the 'specs'.

Building 

  bridges,

  not using

a demolition ball

  to

    demolish

and tear down.

Let us establish

    trusses.

Like connected

   triangles of support

that hold up 

  bridges

    of communication

      and

        trust.

The three-strand cord

that cannot be

  broken.

God,

  you, 

    me.

We three.

Reach and seek for

    God

Riblet.

I will too.

Let's 

  meet with  

    God.

The closer

  you are

    to God,

The closer

  you'll be 

    to me.

The closer

  I am

    to God

the closer

  I'll be

    to thee.

Is that what you want?


       WORDS.

Sweet words,

  kind words,

      pleasant words,

GENTLE words

  even of admonishment

    when necessary:

sweet nothings,

  sweet somethings,

nestled and nuzzled

  into your ear,

     my dear.

        Please.


Another trust truss

    of support

        added

to the establishment

  and

    institution

      of marriage.

Is it possible?


  Bridge of ...

communication,

  love in action,

    indeed,

in deeds

  as well as

   words

that can be 

  worthless.

Be

  like God,

    who gave,

His Son,

  demonstrating

    His love -

for us -

a trust truss...

   So

      my Riblet,

Your Rib

  will not be

  glib,

I promise to be

as gentle

  and

    considerate

as possible...

  a trust truss 

and 

    truss of 

      all trusses

in your life.

My God

  and me

     and

      thee.


Join hands

  with me

  Riblet

and trust

  your

    truss.


Riblet replied,

  "I do"

    and

      "I'll be...

the equilateral support truss

  for you as you are

    for me.

Thank God

we

have 

  Him

as part

  of

    our

      truss

too,

  my Rib."

                       "Build one another up..." (1 Thessalonians 5:11).








No comments:

Post a Comment