Sunday, November 13, 2022

Book Review - Mrs. Witherspoon Goes to War - By Mary Davis - Publication Date: 1 February 2022


 This is a humorous, fun, thrilling, and tear-inpiring story of historical fiction set during WWII, stateside USA.  There is the romantic element and the Christian faith aspect of reliance upon the Lord in prayer, which I appreciated.  It gave the book extra purpose, at least to my way of thinking.

I enjoyed learning about the WASPs, that all female civilian corp of pilots that emerged during WWII to take up the slack for their male counterparts who went off to the war front. Peggy, aka WASP Witherspoon aka Mrs. Witherspoon, along with Jolene and Brownie are the main WASP heroines - intelligent, capable, not-to-be trifled with, pilots cum aviation mechancis, target practice bait and more.

The thing these gutsy girls got up to kerflummoxed Major  Berg who at first didn't think women could or should be engaged in such dangerous exploits.  I really love their mission impossible where they really heroically go to war.  Oh my, just wait til you get a hold of a copy and read for yourself!

As I read more and more about these WASPs from the Author's Notes at the end of the book which gives a brief history of these courageous women who just wanted to serve their country and aid the male soldiers however they could, I just wanted to give them all a big shouted cheer and salute.  I'm so glad author Mary Davis did her research homework and wove the WASP ways into a very enjoyable tale.

Yes, a 5-Star ovation from me on this one.

                                             ~Eunice C., Reviewer/Blogger~

                                                            January 2022

Disclaimer:  This is my honest opinion based on the complimentary review copy given by NetGalley and the publisher.

Read review on Goodreads.













No comments:

Post a Comment