Saturday, February 1, 2020

Prayer - Sup With Me

Heavenly Father, You are the Rock of my salvation and I come before You with thanksgiving in my heart.  I want to shout for joy and give thanks to You, Almighty God, Creator.  You are the King above all kings, the Lord of Lords; the God of all gods.  Not that there should be any other gods except for You, Father, because You are the One Who created the sea and the mountains and the land, the earth and sky, and all that is in them.  You have formed them with Your very hands!

Again, we bow down and worship before You, our Maker.  You have made humans beings, but our fallen nature causes You to have to "still make" them; that is, You help us through our sanctification.  We thank You for the righteousness You have given us through justification through faith in Jesus and through Your grace, oh LORD God Almighty.  

Father, yes, I like to call You Father; "Father God", because You care and provide for me.  Yet You are also the Creator God...

Lord, help me not to harden my heart against Your voice as You bring to mind, through Your Holy Spirit's enabling, things I need to open my heart to You about.  Help me to trust You, always.  I say, "always" in my head, but help me, in reality, to really trust You in my heart as well, so that I do not close the door of my heart to You, ever.  I know You will never go away because of the everlasting life You've given and I realize You are always there, ready and waiting.  

It's me who often does not come to You or let You in.  In God's Word we read that You are standing at the door (of our hearts), knocking, and when the one inside opens that door You will come in and sup with them (Revelation 3:20).  I thank You for this.  I praise You for this.  I thank You that one day I, along with multitudes from every tribe and nation from around the whole wide world, will enter into Your Heavenly Home of Rest.  I look forward to being with You and Your Son and with all Your children--one day that only You know about--to be with Christ, our Bridegroom, for ever and ever; a glorious actuality to come!  

Until then, I wait patiently for the best "Sup of All 'Time'" and I give thanks for this in Jesus Name...

                                                          ~ERC  January 2020~

Prayer based on Psalm 95

Song-Suppertime as sung by George Younce with the Bill & Gloria Gaither singers

Jesus made us worthy to sup with Him.  Click on this link of one of my other blog entries to learn more...Made Worthy













No comments:

Post a Comment