Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Through Our Tears


 King David was very familiar with these emotions that brought tears.  His life before and during his kingship had been no walk in the park, and that for years on end.  He wrote,

"...weeping may stay for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning" (Psalm 30:5 NIV).

There are limits to our weeping.  There will be joy.

The 'night' of weeping may seem like one long, long night but we have the hope of joy coming in the morning.

Life's trials often seem unending even as David the psalmist experienced.  He did find his way to the Lord though in whom was his security.  He did not go 'over the edge'.  No matter how down he got, he firmly and confidently declared,

"I will never be shaken" (Psalm 30:6).

David realized God's mercy and help through it all.  Nowadays, we still have this hope in our Lord.  I love the ending verses of this Psalm 30.

"You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent.  LORD my God, I will praise your forever" (vs 11 and 12 NIV).

Despite our mourning clothes, joyful garments will clothe those whose trust is in the Lord.  We will be able to then praise our Lord and Savior and sing to Him our songs and hymns of praise, even through our tears.

Oh Lord, how long the night!  Our tears wash our faces, our spirits are so low.  Turn our sorrow into joy that we may sing Your praise through it all.  I plead in Jesus' name.

                                               ~ERC  October 2023~

Based on Psalm 30:5, 6, 11, 12 NIV.

Sing, Beauty for Ashes, along with Maranatha Singers.














No comments:

Post a Comment