Monday, November 13, 2023

Book Review - The Practice of the Presence of Jesus - By Joni Eareckson Tada - Publication Date: 14 November 2023


 The more I read through this book, the more my focus came to rest on Jesus.  I find this to be very much a "be still and know that I am God" devotional, and to know His presence with me.  It is not 'magic' but a gentle drawing of the heart to Jesus and finding His still calmness.  The combined words of Brother Lawrence's quotes which acted as a launching pad of sorts for Joni's short sharings helped to tune my mind towards Jesus.  These two sections were followed by a statement or a question of meditation to further the message's impact upon a believer's heartstrings.

The idea of fully engaging in practicing Jesus' presence in the way Joni explains will indeed be life changing despite any constant conflicts or pain a person may be enduring.  The words really effectively give awareness that there can be such a practice and that it can be daily, or rather a minutely minute-by-minute exercise.  

I'm really glad I got to read this book.  I believe it will be very helpful for anyone who wishes to know Jesus' presence more in their life.

A 5-Star rating from me.

                                       ~Eunice C.,  Blogger/Reviewer 2023~

                                                               May 2023

Disclaimer:  This is my honest opinion based on the complimentary review copy sent by NetGalley and the publisher.

Read review on Goodreads.



















No comments:

Post a Comment