Sunday, February 19, 2023

Lord's Day Devotion - Prayer - Love's Sacrifice


 Heavenly Father, You are my loving God, the Creator of all the world and of us human beings. Thank You for Your sacrificial love that sent Your one and only Son Jesus to redeem us back to You because of our sin.  His death and resurrection was wondrous for me even though so painful for You and Him.

We can now rejoice always, pray unceasingly and give You our thanks at every turn.  Thank You for Jesus my Redeemer, Savior, Friend.

As thanks now, as one of Your chosen people, I want to clothe myself with compassion such as Jesus had for the poor harassed and helpless throngs in His day on earth.  Help me to also be clothed with Your law of kindness, humility, gentleness and patience, and the like, through walking in step with Your Holy Spirit.  All this so that whatever I do or say it will be in Jesus' name and glorify His name and give You glory.  

Partaking of the broken bread and drinking of the cup of wine we bless You and remember this sacrifuce of love for us, for all time and eternity.

Thanks be to You Father God, in Jesus' name.

                                                         ~ERC  February~

Based on Colossians 3:12-17 NIV.

Sing, Give Thanks with a Grateful Heart, along with Magdalene Shodavar.

No comments:

Post a Comment