Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Book Review - Designer Pip - by Tabatha Taylor - Publication Date: 10 August 2022

 


Obviously, Pip is a dog.  He has a friend, a parrot named Mango.  Pip seems to find items here and there which he brings home to design and fashion into articles of clothing.  These appear to be mostly for his  own use but he does make something for Mango too.

There does not seem to be much plot for this children's book.  Not sure if one is to just take it at face value but when I scratched my head a bit I could eek out that this could be teaching reuse and recycle sort of things.  I found it strange that Pip would go to church and take a book which was obviously not a littered item; seems more like the book became a stolen item.  Additionally, I was very puzzled as to why a dog would go to a mosque.  This would generally be considered offensive to those of that faith.  This is just my perspective from what I know; therefore, a word of caution to those who would not care to have their children come across this type of scenario.

                                              ~Eunice C.,  Reviewer/Blogger~

                                                             March 2022

Disclaimer:  This is my honest opinion based on the review copy sent by NetGalley and the publisher.

Read review on Goodreads.





























No comments:

Post a Comment