Thursday, September 17, 2026

Cycle of Grace and Humility


 It's tricky talking about being humble.  The very moment I do, I feel prickles in my mind that say, "Uh-oh, are you sure you're humble?  Sounds like some tinge of pridefulness."

But I'm glad God gives more grace ...

"But He gives more grace.  Therefore, it says, "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble" (James 4:6 ESV).

So, I suppose cultivating God's grace will help me become more humble.  The humble are given more grace. A cycle of grace and humility then can become intertwined in ever-increasing measures.

This cycle can then help me towards humble repentance.  And God hears and answers those who pray.  We can then humbly listen for His voice and answers.

Let's all grow humility in our hearts and cultivate God's grace in our lives.  That's not too tricky, I don't think.

Bye for now ...

                                                  ~  ERC  August 2026  ~

Based on James 4:6 ESV.

Sing, God of Every Grace, along with Keith and Kristyn Getty.





No comments:

Post a Comment