The wonderful world of pumas awaits young and curious readers in this adventure with Rene Araneda and team. Any young reader who wishes to explore these amazing creatures in their natural habitat through the author's eyes will find this read very welcome, I believe. Such readers may well fall in love with the pumas. I've come to understand more about them: their different names they're known by; their habitats; their care of their young, and so much more. The story in this case, of Rupestre, which I found endearing, was lovely. What's more, the young readers would learn of the respect due between the pumas in their natural world and their interactions with human beings. Learning about the meaning of 'concolor' and why a mother puma has a darker tipped tail were interesting tidbits of general information for me.
I believe the serious-minded reader will be truly satisfied with this read. The great illustrations paired with puma facts and the real-life account Araneda personally experienced, are, in my opinion, major pluses of this children's book. Very likely the whole blend will inspire many inquisitive minds.
It was noted that this book has been translated from Spanish into English. Kudos to the translator who made a lot of good sense with his excellent translation!
Although I believe this book was meant for children, I feel, it would interest adults as well - it did for me. For further exploration, there is a list of several documentaries at book's end.
Overall, I believe this children's educational adventure deserves a 5 Star rating.
~ Eunice C., Reviewer/Blogger ~
August 2026
Disclaimer: This is my honest opinion based on the complimentary review copy sent to me by NetGalley and the publisher.
Read review on Goodreads.


No comments:
Post a Comment