As the story warms up, emotions spill, secrets are uncovered with traumatic impact, romance captures hearts, even as Alexandra, the 'writer in residence,' discovers so many piercing facts of her life, all the while fighting writer's block.
The added multicultural interest elements of the Gullah Geechee people described within the pages, helped expand my limited knowledge of this lesser-known people group. In my opinion, it added extra flavorful seasoning to the story.
Issues such as helping to teach young and budding writers, touching on trauma, guilt and embarassment dished out by ancestors' actions, forgiveness, and intermittent injections and references to faith and God were pluses for me. This book ends with intended discussion questions, which I feel will more than likely aid the rounding out of these issues for serious-minded, potential readers.
All in all, I give this book a 5 STAR rating.
~ Eunice C., Reviewer/Blogger ~
August 2026
Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of this book. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.
Read review on Goodreads.


No comments:
Post a Comment