Lord Jesus, You are my Good Shepherd. You make me lie down in the green pastures of Your word on which I can stand because Your promises are sure. Your still waters - the water of your Word - of which I can drink, are refreshing and renewing. They restore my soul, and lead me in paths of righteousness for Your name's sake.
I'm so very thankful for Your presence with me in the valley of the shadow of eeath. In times of evil You are with me. And even though it may not feel so good, the fact that when I go astray, Your rod and staff bring me back and I'm comforted that I'm back and walking with You again.
In the midst of my enemies, You have prepared a table for me despite them. You anoint my head with oil for I am one of Your sheep and royal priesthood. You've set me apart for use in Your service, Jesus my King.
In this I see Your goodness and mercy which follow me, and that all the days of my life. I have seen this again and again and so I trust You with my future too.
I do so look forward to dwelling in Your house, LORD, forever though. Thank You, Good Shepherd, for You did not run away but willingly laid down Your life for me and You never leave me alone.
You are worthy of all honor and priase!
Thank You.
Amen.
~ ERC July 2026 ~
Based on Psalm 23 and John 10:1-18 ESV.
Sing, The Lord's My Shepherd, along with New Scottish Hymns.

No comments:
Post a Comment