I thought I was pretty good already but I've read something that's shown me up. There's pride there. Not sure when it entered in, but gasp, it's surely there!
No matter how often one prays, with a phone alarm set at intervals as a reminder to pray for this, that and the other thing, it is sincerity of heart that matters.
It's also the humble of heart. God's word actually asks us to,
"Pray without ceasing" (1 Thessalonians 5:17 ESV).
We can have a constant conversation with our Lord. There's no need to pat onurselves on the back at the three or five times-a-day we may utter a few words on others' behalf.
Praying, "Your will be done on earth Lord, is my desire." but I often fall short of it.
"Lord, I repent of my pride in prayer, I forgot to ask what you want and desire. May your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. May my whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless. I await your coming. God of peace, sanctify me completely until you come and bring me Home" (see 1 Thessalonians 5:23 ESV).
Thank You for hearing me at all hours. May I learn to listen for your voice more. I love You Lord. Thank You for first loving me. Amen.
~ ERC July 2026 ~
Based on 1 Thessalonians 5:17 ESV.
Sing, Sing the Wondrous Love of Jesus, along with David and Noelle Music.

No comments:
Post a Comment